HEALTHY VENDING IS ALL ABOUT GREEN LIGHT, EAT RIGHT
The City of Melbourne’s Eat Right, Green Light Program aims to educate the public on making informed food choices based on the traffic light system.
Red – Less Healthy Choice
Snacks and drinks of limited nutritional value, energy dense and high in saturated fat, added sugar and salt.
Amber – OK Choice
Snacks and drinks which have some nutritional value and contain moderate amounts of saturated fat, added sugar and salt.
Green – Healthiest Choice
Snacks and drinks which are of greater nutritional value and are low in saturated fat, added sugar and salt.
Vending machines are notorious for sugary soft drinks, salty snacks and fat laden chocolate bars and confectionery. Most of these snacks and drinks would be flashing red on the food choices traffic light system as they contribute to weight gain and chronic long term diseases.
Are you aware that there are healthier alternatives to the typical vending machine fare?
Here’s why you should consider healthy vending machines in your organisation:
- Great opportunity for workplaces to readily influence the food and drink supply of workers.
- Healthy image for the office or venue.
- Improved work performance and productivity in workers.
- Improved staff engagement and relationships.
- Increased staff morale, satisfaction and motivation.
- Decreased absenteeism and sick leave.
Need a healthy vending machine in Melbourne?
Call us now on 1300 828 112 or use the online form on your right.